Sunday, April 18, 2010

For they were all men of God. (Alma 48:18)

Today had been a great day for me to gain more testimony of Jesus Christ and His true church.

I drove to Orem by myself at night, which I usually do not do because I'm still scare to death to drive especially under 2 circumstances: dark and unfamiliar place.

After getting confirmation from the Holy Ghost that I would be safe, I left. (David had priesthood meeting to attend.)

Brother Jack Christianson who was recently called to preside over the New York mission gave a marvelous talk. He started off from what President Eyring said.

"Brother Christianson, the Lord is in this work. So is Satan."

Then he continued on about trusting in God, seeking help, and welcoming it. Ask for angels to help the person. The Lord will never give up on me or anyone, because I am his.

He mentioned that "the smell of cigarette is the sweetest smell in church" because that's the sign of someone trying.

At the end of his talk, he shared the remark from Elder Holland. Elder Holland quoted from Alma 48:17-18. He compared Moroni with Christ, Ammon, and even the sons of Alma who were rebellious and wicked. Then Elder Holland powerfully said

"they were all men of God" because that is the healing power of the atonement.

This night, My love for the scripture increased and re-committed myself for giving greater love for my dear husband, David and being more diligent in studying the scriptures.

I bore my testimony with tears to my husband when I got home. I am truly grateful for which I have and am.


No comments:

Post a Comment