Wednesday, July 7, 2010

七夕 - Star Festival

We celebrate Tanabata, Star Festival.
My family used to make a Tanabata tree when I was little. Tanabata tree is a bumboo tree and people hang papers in which we write our wishes. When Daivd and I went supermarket today, we realized big Tanabata tree by the entrance just like Christmas tree.


Photobucket

Now I wish I should have read some of the wishes hanged on the bamboo. However, we were so exhausted from all the translation job, in which we had been doing last 3 days. As a result, we were little blind with those cool staff but at least took some pictures...


Photobucket

Before going home from supermarket that was 10 minutes away, we needed some snack. This is what grows me into what I am now. It's called dango.


Photobucket

From now, David says that he wants to come to yakiniku restaurant.



Photobucket


When we came home, there were two star rice for David and me from my good neighbor.

Tanabata festival was bigger than what I remembered as a young girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment