Friday, April 22, 2011

Yuna(由奈) Ruth Tueller

Photobucket

Yuna (由奈) Ruth Tueller is a very brave, sweet, and definite little girl. She has been sleeping without mom nor dad since her birth. Not only nights, she has also been away from her parents for most of the day. Some days, she is even restricted to be held. She cannot be moved without her bunch of codes tangled around her body. She likes to be wrapped tight in a blanket. She likes a binky when it has some kind of flavor; we drop a few drops of formula milk or sugar water when she is fussy. She stretches her eyelids just like her dad; in other words, it looks like cat's smile. She cries as if she is in the NICU crying competition when she has a dirty diaper or she is simply hungry.

I cannot write these without my tears falling. I love her very much. I am happy to get up and make the way to the hospital, thinking what new things I can learn about her.

There was a moment that I felt parental responsibility for the first time. It was when a nurse called us and asked our consent for putting a pick in Yuna's system since most of her veins had been already used for IV pokes and gone bad.

Thanks to the surprising Thai food by wonderful aunts, I had energy to record this. Every night, I come back after 11 p.m., drag myself to bed, and set alarm in 3 hours for milk pumping. So I really appreciate all your support and love. With that note, I better go and get ready for another pumping.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment