
Elimination Communication (EC) is the first thing that we are trying in year 2012.
So, my friend tried it in Japan and her 2 month old baby TELLS her mother that she needs to pee. And, she does it in the toilet. The mother never has to dispose or wash diapers. Isn't it pretty sweet?! I am dreaming of the day that I don't have to fight to put the diaper on to a squirming baby.
Here is my version of summary on how to EC.
- The biggest opportunities are 1) right after she wakes up, and 2) a few minutes after she eats.
- You will take her to a bathroom and have her sit on the toilet.
- You will make a cue sound for her to associate with urinate/defecate. (I used ja- as the sound.)
For the first few times, Yuna did not like it at all. So I would just have her play in the bathroom without a diaper on. So when she urinate, she can experience how she feels to urinate without a diaper on. According to EC training, you will be able to tell the cue from your baby on when she needs to go pee after observing for a while. I also like how we don't have to do it 24-7. They say it's even effective to do it part time. So, here we are. Slowly adapting this into our lives and see...
Hence, a baby toilet as a Christmas present to Amara.
Keep this photo to share with Yuna's date to her senior prom.
ReplyDeleteHaha. Will do!
ReplyDelete