Sunday, September 23, 2012

Trip to grandmas in Kanagawa


IMGP7212_zps542074d3

I know you have seen this kind of picture several times but I had to take this to start the trip to Kanagawa. We took the local train, the Shinkansen, the express train, and another local train, and a taxi to get to my grandmas.

On Saturday morning, I found my daughter doing Ikebana, flower arrangement, in the living room.


IMGP7214_zps1f78b2d1

Notice how she inserted a comb in the middle of the flower?  It was left like that for the weekend to enjoy.



Kanagawa no oba-chan chi

I love Grandma's house in Kanagawa. The traditional style gives me peace and a calm feeling. Even my husband commented that he had not relaxed that much since he left Hawaii. My daughter, on the other hand, seemed more thrilled with the chair that my grandma bought at a dollar store. My husband named it dokodemo isu, anywhere chair.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hear my daguhter's voice. Another exciting day is starting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment