
We made sushi on Saturday to return the favor back to Luis, the Mexican friend, from Mexican fiesta we had.
We mix vinegar with rice to make sushi rice. After eating sushi, David's friends wanted to make rice balls with the left over sushi rice.
Friends: We want to make rice balls!!
Ayae: Really?? You make a rice ball with sushi rice, which has vinegar in it? That is not something Japanese people would do...
I tired to convince them. Did it work? NO. So off they did. Off course, I enjoyed supervising them.
Today, I forgot to take pictures but did DeNeece and Christian's welcome party. Emmetts, Stones, Aunt Rachel, grandpa and grandma, and my friend Yoshimi were there with the Tuellers in Provo. We had great salad, bread (thanks, aunt Marie), spaghetti and spaghetti sauce which we started to cook the previous night (thanks to David's friend, Peter's instruction). Aunt Rachel's sheet cake was heavenly with aunt Anna's cranberry raspberry juice which balanced with the sweetness perfectly. On top of all those, everyone's stomach was empty from fast Sunday; which obviously made the dinner into 5 ★★★★★ rating.
We ended up celebrating Yoshimi's first time to fast for two entire meals. She started with a prayer that she won't be tempted, and sure enough, she defeated the temptation!! As she broke the fast and started eating dinner, she said "this is the most delicious dinner that I ever had in my life" although it was not her mom's wonderful cooking.
In closing this entry, I couldn't help having no pictures of the great food since I am a visual learner and like to keep the record of completion. Therefore, I got up, went to the kitchen, open/unwrap covers, and took pictures of leftover food; in other words, the summary of what we ate.

Now, you can imagine the smiles on the people's face as they savored the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment