Friday, October 28, 2011

Baby food & taking care of hands.

I won "a lesson in making homemade baby foods" in the R.S. service auction the other day. So kind Michelle taught me how, step by step.

Photobucket

Oatmeal Cereal

1/4 c. of ground oats (do NOT use instant or Quick Cook), ground in blender or food processor
3/4 c. water

1. Bring liquid to boil in saucepan. Add the oat powder while stirring constantly.
2. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, whisking constantly, mix in formula or breast milk and fruits if desired
3. Serve warm.


Carrots

Any amount of fresh carrots you desire

1. Peel carrots and cut into small chunks
2. Place chunks into a steamer pan with just enough water visible through the steamer basket
3. Steam until tender
4. Do not reserve any left over water to use for thinning out the carrots if baby is under 8 months old as Nitrates may seep into the cooking water
5. Place into your choice of appliance for pureeing and begin pureeing.
6. Add water as necessary to achieve a smooth, thin consistency


Peaches

Some people peel peaches, but if they are organic, you don't have to do this. I bought mine locally.

Wash, pit and chop peaches.

Place peaches in a pan with about an inch or two of water.

Steam until tender.

Puree, cool and freeze or blend with another food for a combination food.



Those were easy and fun. Yuna also liked eating apple one I made at home.

Photobucket


This morning, I had my finger prints taken for extending my permanent resident status. There, I learned a new thing about me. At the office, the computer kept rejecting my finger prints. So I asked what was wrong. An officer hesitantly told me that my fingers were like OLD LADIE'S that the computer did not recognize them as the fingers of 28 year old woman! He told me to take better care of myself. My boss said "you should have told him what you do for living!" This was not something that I expected to learn at the immigration office. I put lotion twice this afternoon at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment