
My brother Takuma took us to fire works at Meiji mura.
Foot bath.
When people say "Smile," they usually have this reaction.
However, our Yuna shows some originality.


With best friend, Minato.

Shortly after we arrived in Japan, Obon begun. Obon is a Japanese holiday to welcome deceased ones into our homes once again to thank them for watching over us and remember them. We will put out fire in front of the house to guide our ancestors.
This is what we have at home to honor our ancestors. Yuna likes to make some sounds with Mokugyo and Rin.
Everyday, we are finding out new things that had happened to Japan last two years we were gone. Like these asparagus. They got Japanese size.

I can't believe it's been already 2 weeks here. Life in Utah seems to be so unrealistic.
It's slow to get started with a toddler but we are surely making some progress in looking for jobs, making new friends, seeing old friends, getting used to driving opposite way, eating delicious food (which was quick for us to adjust), and finding right diapers (You think I read Japanese. I do, too. But I have bought two different bags of what-I-thought-to-be diapers.)
Tomorrow might be the first official day of sightseeing here in Japan. Pictures to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment