Sunday, July 31, 2011

Japan: 覚王山(Kakuo-zan) → BBQ at the neighbors

覚王山(Kakuo-zan), where I passed everyday during my high school years but never really took time to explore. Mika (my former coworker), David and I were meeting in Nagoya and heard that Kakuo-zan was having a festival so we decided to check it out.



Photobucket

Before even got to the places to see, we had to make an emergency stop to get hydrated again.

Photobucket

Unlike in Utah, public transportation is a common way for people to get around. Since the climate is awfully hot, they had to make shade for themselves to arrive at their destinations with a somewhat socially acceptable appearance; hence, a fansy umbrella to make a shade.

Photobucket
Kakuo-zan has a shrine sent by Thailand. It is a Buddhist shrine.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Nowadays, people try to preserve the old scenery. The little town is fun to walk around. There are some art galleries for young artists as well.

Photobucket
After a long hot day, we had a nice BBQ at our next door neighbor/relatives.

Photobucket

Photobucket

There, I learned how to make a rice-ball all the same size.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Last time when I saw Tecchan (a young good looking man), he was playing with train toys on the floor. Was I away from home so long?!
Oh, I miss the summer at home, but as much as I do I am not ready to go back to face sleepless nights with Yuna crying from the heat. Hence, I am grateful for Utah's nice air conditioned house.

No comments:

Post a Comment