Instead of saying, "we are not going to park until you put on your shoes," (「靴をはかないと、公園に行かないよ」と言うよりも、)
we want to say, "we are going to park as soon as you put on your shoes." (「靴がはけたらすぐ公園に行こうね。」と言う。)
Tantrums ... in order to minimize them, match her feelings.
Instead of saying, "It's ok," (by the way, saying "it's ok" tells the baby that you are not listening to her and understanding her) we want to state what is going on with matching her feelings; for example, when she cries out, we can say to her "Yuna is still mad, mad, MAAAAAAD. Yuna says no no no ... NO," matching with her tone of speech (in this case, cry). When she stops and has a puzzled look on her face, we win! My husband is really good at this.
Baby language discovered by Priscilla Dunstan:
Neh = I'm hungry.
Owh = I'm tired.
Heh = I'm in discomfort.
Eairh = I have lower gas.
Eh = I have upper gas (burp).
I have not yet differentiated the sounds.
Feeling Secure.
The babies, whose parents are quick to respond to their cries and hold them longer, feel more secure. Especially if the parents can understand the baby's cues and respond quickly, she does not have to cry for a long time. Hence, she feels more secure, and has higher EQ (Emotional Intelligence). That includes never denying food to a hungry baby, not ignoring baby's cries, nor leaving her in the car seat, (which is also a risk for flat-head syndrome).
Tiring Sun.
Sleep research found babies who slept well at night were exposed to twice as much light between noon and 4 p.m.. Yuna slept 11 hours straight for the first time after being exposed to her extended family members, being held by one cousin to another, as well as sun light on July 4th.
TV.
For every hour of TV watched by children aged 1 and 3 face a 10 % increased risk of attention problems by age seven.
The curse of the sippy cup.
Sippy cups can cause babies speech problems in the future. So try straw-cups or recessed-lid drinking cups instead.

She can now put her hands together.
I LOVE that you're sharing all these parenting tips...thank you and keep em coming! Yuna keeps getting more and more adorable with each picture....keep those coming too! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete